Paris When it Sizzles

May 7, 2014

1950s, boater, summer style vintage blog, mrs pomeranz dresses, floral dress, spring style, into the woods blog IMG_7709 IMG_7924

No, I'm not in Paris- if I were I would be twirling in front of the Eiffel tower- haha! But this little street does have a European feel to it. 

I am super excited to be working with Mrs. Pomeranz again! When Dasha asked me to style a dress from her new Spring/Summer line I was thrilled! Every dress from this line is so unique and utterly gorgeous, deciding was a tricky one! I went with the beautiful, Tatiana dress. This dress is made from Russian scarves ( is that not the neatest thing!?) The fabric is super light and perfect for Spring and Summer- it's comfortable and easy to wear!  

IMG_7723 IMG_7914 IMG_7909 IMG_7948

Isn't this such a pretty little locket?? Refuge Heart Vintage is a fantastic place to stop if you have been wanting a little vintage locket to add to your jewelry collection. 

IMG_7943 IMG_7765 IMG_7824 IMG_7849b IMG_7883 IMG_7902 IMG_7834 IMG_7980 IMG_7984 IMG_8003 IMG_8023
Dress: c/o Mrs. Pomeranz
Hat: Mossimo
Belt: Forever 21
Shoes: Payless
Rebecca Tan said...

I wait till the day when I can own a miss P dress! they are divine and you my dear have styled this perfectly. I just love your blog your photography, your style, YOU!

always a joy to read your posts xxxx

London Mum said...

I absolutely love Miss Pomeranz dresses! You look gorgeous in it x

www.thelondonmum.me

Kristian said...

Beyond gorgeous- both you and the dress. I especially like how you paired it with a hat to keep it looking fresh and a bit modern.

Boyer Sisters said...

Oh, Stunning! You just can't go wrong with Mrs. Pomeranz, can you?! Such perfection when you two collaborate <3

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Boyer Sisters said...

Oh, Stunning! You just can't go wrong with Mrs. Pomeranz, can you?! Such perfection when you two collaborate <3

-Charlotte
boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

That dress is simply gorgeous on you, and very perfect for Spring!

Kellie said...

So gorgeous as always, my dear! The scalloped braid on the hat has me smitten. <3

--Kellie
Accordion to Kellie

Lorna Sharp said...

Yes it looks very Londonian or Danish in fact ;)
Xxx
Lorna
Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

Daria@Kittenhood said...

I adore Miss Pomeranz dresses! And this one is no exception - such pretty styling of it!

diane said...

My first thought when I saw this dress was, "That is amazing fabric!" Never would I have dreamed it was constructed from scarves and I'm one who makes dresses out of tablecloths. It is truly impressive and beautiful. Lucky girl! You look beautiful in it!

Sammi said...

Such a stunning look on you, and you're right, these look very European! And THANK YOU for posting that locket link because I keep wanting a vintage locket (and keep forgetting to look for one)!

xox Sammi
www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

Savvy Spinster Vintage said...

Gorgeous dress and photos! I love her pieces- they look SO well made and classic, like they'd last a lifetime! And you are so brave taking photos in front of those people at the restaurant! I get nervous taking pictures in the backyard! :-)
-Melissa

Katie Lee said...

Drop dead gorgeous!
You really pull off a boater hat.


www.katielikeme.com

xx

Katie Lee said...

Drop dead gorgeous!
You really pull off a boater hat.


www.katielikeme.com

xx

Hannah Barta said...

Aw, lovely, Alex! You always look so pretty :) I will never ever tire of seeing your vintage style. . . .

Also...have those Payless heels held out pretty well? I would really, really like to get some--they're so comfy and chic!

charmant

Sara, Swing The Day Away said...

Beautiful dress! I'm jealous that you're bare-legged. It's still not warm enough here, yet! I love the hat and purse with this dress, too. It's all so perfect together! :)

wingsforliberty.com said...

Your pictures are ever so beautiful and so are you! <33

Fashionably,
Patricia
http://wingsforliberty.com/

Linda B said...

Ohhh, you are such a classic beauty! I love this dress and your adorable locket. Haha, one day you'll be twirling in front of the Eiffel Tower :)

The Dragonfruit Diaries

Jenna Condon said...

beautiful location alex! :)

http://abeautifulheart07.blogspot.com/

Kailey said...

You are so gorgeous!

Rachel Sullivan said...

Stunning photos, as usual!

Rachel

Crissy (Dainty Fawn) said...

You are stunning! That dress and photos are so beautiful photos <3

Stephanie M. said...

You look absolutely stunning, A!
The locket was photographed so lovely!!! That dress is incredible too by the way. Look like you had a great time :)
Thanks again for this fun opportunity!

Best, S.

Paige said...

Superb dress choice! :D It looks like a flower garden in clothing form.

Delores Harshaw said...

Oh wow that dress is amazing! I do love the European feel too..great photos <3

countrygirlcityfashion said...

This dress is so incredibly stunning! I love the fabric, and it looks perfect with nude heels, a pastel belt, and the vintage looking necklace.

Paulina said...

Your outfits and photographs are always so beautiful and creative. It is so nice to see a classy young woman who is a Christian too!
I am a 24 year old housewife and mother to three little boys. My days are busy, but I try to make an effort to dress up and take an outfit photo every now and then.
Here is a link to my Modcloth Style Gallery:
http://www.modcloth.com/style-gallery/users/1330049/photos
I hope you can have a look!

Diana F said...

Hello My friend!
You are SUCH a DREAMSICLE!!!!
Quite a vision!
Pastel Pretty Picture Perfect as Always --there is now a smile on my face and a song in my heart which I REALLY needed because I had a rotten evening : ) THANK YOU


{hugs}

Say HI to your Mum and 1st shipment scheduled for Tuesday pick up yay!

Diana
www.etsy.com/shop/Moxie2RunwayVintage

Daniella C said...

love!!! beautiful blog. New follower!!
xx
daniella
simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

Paulina said...

Thank you for following! You made my day. : )

Alexandra Marie said...

@Diana Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that you had a bad evening :( I read your comment this morning and prayed for you on my way to an event I had today- hope all is okay <3

And thank you- so sweet as always! Can't wait to get started on this!

RetroStreetStation said...

gorgeous dress <3

x Maria
Have a look at my newest Outfitpost
featuring the perfect high waist shorts and let me know what you think about it :)

Kristina @ Eccentric Owl said...

I love all of your hats, Alex! They're all so perfect on you, and you just... always look great in hats. Never stop wearing them!
And that dress! So pretty! That street does have a European feel to it. So fun!
xo
Kristina
www.eccentricowl.com

Anniina said...

Your style is impeccable! You look so elegant. I've tried to find a straw hat like yours for years with no luck, maybe this year... I just recently found your blog and I'm so happy, because I've been looking for some new inspiration! :)

Alexandra Marie said...

@Anniina Thank you so much! You know, I had a crazy hard time finding mine too- finally stumbled across it at Target last Spring. If you go on etsy and look up "straw boater hat" you will find tons of vintage ones!

Dainty Jewellery said...

It's a wonderful dress. The combination of dress, hat & necklace just make it more amazing.
Very nice share!

Bests-
Sally

Latest Instagrams

© Into the Woods. Design by Fearne.